Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Welcome!

Pin It



My first post. Wow, many of my friends have been asking me to start my own blog so here it is!


Don't really know where to start so I will start from the beginning and as time goes on you will learn a little more about our crazy old homestead.


My name is Debbie and I am married to the love of my life Bob. My nineteen year old son Lucas still lives with us and Bob's father Bob Sr (we call him Pasie). We own 19 acres of farmland in Minnesota, close to the Canadian border and are trying to live a more simple, self-sufficient way of life. I cook from scratch, enjoy knitting, crocheting and sewing. Bob owns his own automotive repair shop and we raise ducks, dogs and cats and are hoping over time to add pigs, chickens and goats.


I am a stay at home Mom and wife for now and I am throughly enjoying it. I previously taught elementary and secondary school for 17 years in Canada and I am taking a little break in my career to help take care of Pasie. He is a ripe young age of 82 and brings alot of joy to our lives.

So I hope you join us in our quest for a simple, fun, joyous and goofy adventure in becoming self-sufficient!

3 comments:

  1. So glad you started a blog, Debbie! Can't wait to follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful reading Debbie!! I'm looking forward to following your posts here. To some of us you know, you are living the truly idyllic life!! MM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you thru down to earth, looking forward to following you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading all of them. Have a wonderful day.

Debbie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...