Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Unfinished Projects

Pin It

I have been working on UFO's (unfinished objects/projects) trying to clean up my craft room before the gorgeous weather hits and I am out in the garden all day. 


I finished up a project for Luke's apartment..... Luke and his girlfriend Sara have decided to move out of the dorm and into an apartment come May 1st. 


They are both very excited and moving into their first 'place' comes the hunt for bargains to decorate that place!  He asked me if I would make a few items for them and I was very happy to oblige .... not only does it save them money, but it reduces my stash of craft supplies AND will hopefully make their place feel like 'home'. 


The apartment has only linoleum flooring .... no carpets so they are in need of throw rugs.  Having a large stash of yarn from Goodwill, I got to work trying to recreate a rag rug but with yarn.



The yarn I used was pre-rolled with three thickness of worsted weight yarn so I knew it would make it nice and full with very little gaps.


I also had some of the no skid/trip rubber backing in my stash and added to the back of the throw rug.


I just used single crochet .... I didn't follow a pattern.  I kind of made it up as I went along.  I hope they like it ...... now onto throw pillows!

2 comments:

  1. Everyone must be working on their UFO's.
    I'm working on my sewing room too.
    Love the rug. they will love it.

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melinda! Isn't it nice to get those projects done?

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading all of them. Have a wonderful day.

Debbie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...