Friday, May 11, 2012

It's Finished

Pin It

Remember when I posted this picture and asked if you knew what I was making ... well it is done.




After washing and drying it a few times, I love how it turned out and feels .... very soft.  These rag rugs are so easy to make they are quick too!  You can clearly see that our kitty Teasa has given her approval!  I could not get her off of it to snap a picture.


I see many more in my future.  I followed the instructions over at Jubilee Homespun.  The tutorial is  wonderful and they even include a chart with the amount of fabric you will need for different sized quilts.  My cutting ruler's width is 5 inches so I used that which made my finished blocks 3 inches square. Since there wasn't a chart for this size, I estimated the amount of blocks I would need to make a lap sized quilt.  I figured 10 blocks wide by 18 blocks long seemed like it would be roughly the same size as her 4 inch block lap quilt on her chart .... since then she has changed the chart and now includes a 5 inch block!  My finished quilt could be a bit more 'squared' so next time I will make my rows 14 blocks wide by 18 blocks long.  I think that will help.






I think I need a spring colored one next with lots of flowers. Then one for autumn, a Halloween one, a Thanksgiving one ... hmmm, you can see where this is going.


Remember to give your loved ones a hug!

10 comments:

  1. Ohhhh I do love your rag rug. Would love one of those! You are too clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that quilt. I'm thinking about making one myself. I would like to make it with al soft pastels, rose-fabrics and stuff like that. Or one for the couch with all flanels.... Or a few small ones for my furry babies....
    But when......???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bianca! Flannels would be so soft and I too love rose fabrics! Now that would be pretty....and as far as time goes...I understand!

      Delete
  3. LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks comfy cozy as you kitty can attest.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading all of them. Have a wonderful day.

Debbie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...