Thursday, May 3, 2012

Thrifty Thursday

Pin It While my Mom and I have been here in Thunder Bay helping Lucas and Sarah move, there have been items of furniture that they needed so off to the thrift stores we went!  I am proud of both of them and how they felt about buying used.  Some young adults their age would want all new items and the best and most expensive but these two want to save their money and use it for other things.


Thunder Bay had more thrift stores than I realized and what fun we had!  Here are a few pictures of our adventures .... will have to show you some of the items they picked up at another time as the apartment is so full right now, it is difficult to take pictures!














Heading back tomorrow after taking Lucas and Sarah to pick up some groceries.  I am really going to miss spending time with them.


Remember to give your loved ones a hug!

8 comments:

  1. Very wise of them. It's so much fun to make 2nd hand stuff your own. A bit of cleaning or some paint; money well spend and room to buy more with less....
    My sister is moving house also and we love nothing more to find that cute sidetable or chair and with a bit of TLC make it a steal!
    Have fun over there.
    Hug, Bianca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I agree with the second hand items....they had so much fun buying and making the best use of their money! I hope your sister finds the sidetable she would like!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you have had a lovely time and will miss them for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimmie, I will miss them for sure!

      Delete
  3. I love thrift store shopping; I never know what I will find. Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see a couple of things in those pics that I wouldn't mind having!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading all of them. Have a wonderful day.

Debbie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...