Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Tuesday's Tip

Pin It
Today's tip is removing rings.  I wear all my rings on the left hand.  I do not own one ring that will fit on my right hand.....weird I know....I have tried and they always get stuck.  I always had difficulty removing them and at times began to panic since my finger started to turn purple....so no more.  No rings will grace the fingers on my right hand...it isn't worth the trouble.

There are a few tips out there on the web which I have tried ..... some I haven't but they sound like they should given the slippery type properties of the substance.

These haven proven successful for me .....

  • liquid dish detergent - I would drizzle the detergent over my finger then would begin to twist until it would slip off.

  • other household lubricants - I have tried oil, butter, hand lotion, body wash, even fabric softener ... be generous and begin to twist.  


I found these though on the web which I haven't tried ....


  • different slippery substances - mineral oil, mayonnaise, bubble bath, olive oil, smooth peanut butter, WD-40 ... follow the same procedure as above

  • chill your hand for several minutes under cold running water or hold an ice pack over the finger where the ring is stuck.  This should lessen the swelling which might help to allow the ring to slip off.

  • use Windex (glass cleaner), spray liberally and try to remove the ring

If they techniques do not work and your finger is beginning to turn purple, it becomes serious.  Keep your hand high, fingers straight up to help the blood flow and prevent further swelling.  Head directly to the emergency room so it can be cut off. - taken from TipNut.com


Enjoy your day and remember to give your loved ones a hug!

6 comments:

  1. Great tip Debbie, the hard thing is to keep that hnad relaxed to let them slide

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true Katie, we start to panic when they won't come off and that doesn't help at all! :0)

      Delete
  2. I think the dish soap one should do the trick for me. I struggle to get my ring off and on because I workout in the mornings and don't want to wear my ring to the gym. It is hard to get it over the knuckle. I never used to have problems with this. Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea not to wear your rings to the gym Becky...I always swell more when at the gym! Glad you liked the post and thanks for leaving a comment! :0)

      Delete
  3. I am sure you mean the emergency room will cut the ring off and not the finger. LOL! It is suprising how panicked you can get if a ring does not come off easily.
    Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, yes Cath that is what I meant...funny how I didn't read it that way but it sure sounds like I did! :o)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading all of them. Have a wonderful day.

Debbie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...