Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tuesday's Tip

Pin It

This week's tip has to do with Christmas.... *gasp*, yep Christmas.  It is time to organize and look through the gift closet (if you have one) or under the bed or in the basement...wherever you have been stashing those gifts that have been picked up at sales over the year.  Perhaps you went shopping on the 26th last year and purchased a few items on sale or threw a few of those sweaters that went on clearance in the spring into your cart.  Whatever you did, it is the month to get organized so the big day doesn't sneak up on you. 

Now is the time to make a list and check it twice.  


I picked up this little notebook many years ago and it has served me well ever since.  Each year I write down the names of those I give gifts to and will fill their page as I purchase or make them their presents.  It is a system that has worked well for me.  The notebook is small and conveniently fits into my purse or bag.  I never leave home without it.  I can tell at a glance if I already have a gift for someone or if there is one more thing that needs to be added to their gift package......or even if I have nothing for them yet! 


What system do you have for keeping track of those who you will give gifts to?  Do you have a gift closet or are you one who waits until the 24th of December to start shopping?  I am sure we could all learn some new tricks or tips from each other for this holiday season!  Remember to give your loved ones a hug!

8 comments:

  1. I have big boxes I fill during the year, but I really like your idea of keeping a list. By this time of year I've forgotten what is in all those boxes! Thanx for the reminder. I'm gonna go thru them today and make a list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what was happening to me Sharon..hence the list. LOL It was really bad before. ;0)

      Delete
  2. I have a dresser in the spare room I use for gifts. I try picking up sale items for the ages of kids & grands and also a few extras for holiday parties etc. I looks track though so this is a great idea...as long as I don't leave the list laying around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, that is true. There certainly would be no surprises then!

      Delete
  3. I have a section of a closet dedicated to holding gifts that I pick up through the year--not just for Christmas, but also for baby showers, weddings, birthdays, etc. I don't always have a recipient in mind, but when those last-minute invites come, it's handy to "shop" in my closet. When I do purchase something with a particular person in mind, I type it into a computer file I have. I also use that file to list gift ideas. I try to pay attention to comments that are made off-hand throughout the year, so I know what someone really would like or need.

    Thanks for a great post! The more prepared I am entering the holiday season, the more I can relax and just enjoy making memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love having a closet to shop in..it makes life so much simpler doesn't it? Great idea having a computer file Kristi!

      Delete
  4. I have a three ring binder that is divided into categories.
    One being a gift list. Being the organized person that I am,
    you would thinI would have a designated space for possible gifts but I don't. One year I bought gifts way ahead of time and then didn't care for anything I purchased! Go figure.

    M :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad the recipients didn't like anything you purchased Melinda. I find gift giving so difficult! I like the three ring binder...easy to change year to year. I could use a binder for at home and take the little notepad with me to the stores...thanks for the idea!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading all of them. Have a wonderful day.

Debbie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...