Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Pizza Casserole

Pin It
Another pizza recipe.  Another casserole recipe ...... combined in one!!!!  How amazing is that?!

This recipe caught my eye and I just had to give it a try.

It was very easy to prepare and put together ... although I switched it up a bit ... but be forewarned, it makes a HUGE batch!

Ingredients

1 bag of egg noodles
1 extra large can of Ragu sauce (or any other tomato sauce you enjoy)
3 cups of mozzarella cheese (I used two full packages because I love cheese!)
1 1/2 pounds hamburger (I used one pound of beef and one pound of pork)
1 package of pepperoni

Other ingredients that could be used
any other cheeses you might enjoy
onions
mushrooms
italian seasoning
other types of pasta instead of egg noodles
pizza sauce instead of spaghetti sauce
olives
or any other ingredients you love on pizza!



Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.


I lightly greased my 9 x 13 inch pan with cooking spray. 


1.  Brown meat and drain.  I then added the spaghetti sauce and added fresh parsley from my windowsill.


Cook the egg noodles as directed on the package.  Strain.

Now to put it all together!

first layer is half of the meat and sauce mixture
then a layer of noodles, using half the noodles
half the cheese


the rest of the meat and sauce
then the rest of the noodles
the the rest of the cheese ...
I had some solid mozzarella cheese left over from another recipe so I added slices of that as well
lastly arrange the pepperoni all over


Doesn't it look yummy?!

Now cover it with foil and bake for 30 minutes.

After 30 minutes, remove foil and bake a further 15 minutes or until the cheese is lightly brown and bubbly.

Once you remove it from the oven, let it sit for 15 minutes.  The casserole needs to settle so it doesn't fall apart.  

Very easy AND delicious!  It could easily be made ahead of time and then thrown in the oven when you get home from work.  It freezes just wonderfully too!  This recipe was enough for the night I made the casserole and then had enough to freeze for two more meals!  Wow!

Thanks For Mamas for such a tasty and quick new recipe.  We love it around here and it is added to our meal plan rotation list. So if you love pizza and casseroles ... well I would suggest this one.  Remember to give your loved ones a hug!




4 comments:

  1. OH! This looks good! I'll have to try it next week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Afternoon Debbie, Wow, this looks delicious. I like the idea that it freezes well. It's a version of lasagne, layers of pasta, layers of meat sauce, layers of cheese....and the added layer of pepperoni. Have a lovely evening, Best Wishes Daphne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daphne. It does freeze well and this recipe made enough for two meals for the three of us....so a big batch!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading all of them. Have a wonderful day.

Debbie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...