Friday, December 7, 2012

Homemade Half and Half

Pin It
The internet is just too cool!  The other day I wanted to bake something but something different so I searched and searched and came upon a recipe I had been wanting to try.  No need for cookbooks anymore!

Donning my apron, gathering all the ingredients that were on the list, I then realized that half and half was not in the larder.  Dang!  Does that ever happen to you?  Maybe not with half and half but with another ingredient?  Not to be swayed, I pulled out the big guns ... my substitute list.  I have been collecting substitutions for years and years.  Unfortunately I did not have a substitute for half and half but I knew there had to be one!  Then I found it at About.com so I thought I would share since the baking season is upon us.

Homemade Half and Half

Making a substitute for half and half is as simple as mixing two everyday ingredients.

Ingredients:

  • milk   
  • 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted

Preparation:

Replace one cup of half and half with 1 tablespoon of melted butter or margarine, plus enough milk to equal one cup.


Note:

This substitute works well in baked goods, soups and other cooked recipes.  It will not whip, and therefore should not be used in any recipe that calls for whipping half and half.

Happy baking and remember to give your loved ones a hug!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading all of them. Have a wonderful day.

Debbie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...