Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Tuesday's Tip

Pin It
Today is a tip that has to do with laundry and dryer sheets.  How many of you use them?  Or do you use vinegar in the rinse to get rid of static cling?

I found a new idea from somewhere on Pinterest (I forgot to pin it so credit to whoever first thought of it) and have started using it.  WOW ..... it works oh so very well.  It is ......


Cheap aluminum foil!!!  

Did you notice how cheap mine was ..... the cashier explained that it was because it was expired .... EXPIRED?!!!  Seriously?!  I did not know that aluminum foil could become expired.  Oh well, I stocked up .. expired or not!


Tear off a piece about 6 inches long.  



Crumple it loosely and that's it!



Throw it in the dryer with you load of wet clothes and when they are dry there is no static cling.  



This is what it looks like when removed.  You can keep re-using the same piece of foil until it starts to flake.  Then replace it with a new piece.  You will never have static cling in your clothes again.  

Remember to give your loved ones a hug!

15 comments:

  1. Good Morning Debbie, I am so sorry I have not been leaving comments, but life has been so busy the last couple of weeks. Sadly George's aunt passed away and so we have been caring for George's mother who is so upset. Each day she is feeling a little better, bless her.
    I love this idea, and who would have thought tin foil would work. I am definitely giving this a try. Everyone who reads this post will be thrilled you passed this tip on. Have a lovely day. Best Wishes Daphne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Daphne I am so sorry to hear about George's aunt. Please do not worry about leaving comments and take care of things at your end. This is a busy time of the year. I wish you and everyone well and I am glad to hear that George's mother is beginning to feel a bit better.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Debbie for this information! We'll HAVE to try this. My husband hates the smell you get from the cling free sheets so this should fit the bill. Now -- I'm also going to have to find out how this works!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome Suzan. My husband hates the smell as well from the cling free sheets....it bothers his asthma.

      Delete
  3. Can't wait for my next dryer load to see if this works. Thanx Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard of this either! I am still a bit boggled by the aluminum foil expiring. Hmmmm. I know I can get it at the dollar store for $.85 and that's not expired! Ha Ha. Nobody in my family is bothered by the smell of the dryer sheets. However, they are expensive. I am no snob to trying cheap off brands either, but I have found many of the cheaper varietis leave a little noticeable lint on dark clothes. And we where a lot of dark clothes. I cannot wait to try this. Thanks so much!

    ~Ann

    Stop by and visit us sometime at:
    Duck and Cover with the Dork Duo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you can get it at the Dollar Store for 85 cents instead of a dollar! LOL

      Delete
  5. Who would of thought?
    Pretty cool idea!


    M:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll have to try that sometime. I guess I'll need to stock up on expired aluminum foil first, though--or maybe I'll just use fresh foil. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure if the fresh foil is better than the expired Kristi! LOL

      Delete
  7. Expired foil.. the mind boggles. Great tip. Thankyou.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, so true Kirby and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. How did I miss this one? We don't have dryer sheets in Denmark, so thank you for this great tip! Of course given the cost of electricity here, I only use the dryer if it's absolutely impossible to line dry sheets and towels because of the weather, but it will be nice to get into machine dried sheets that don't spark for once :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading all of them. Have a wonderful day.

Debbie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...