Friday, April 26, 2013

Cinnamon Sugar Bread

Pin It
 
My love for bread continues ...... but if you add cinnamon to the mix ..... well, my heart goes pitter pat.
 
 
 
I found the recipe on Pinterest and it comes from Liz over at A Whisk and a Prayer and it sounds as if she loves cinnamon bread about as much as I do!
 
Ingredients
 
1/3 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup white sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
 
Method
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly grease a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan.  In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt and 1 cup white sugar.  Add egg, milk and vegetable oil to the mixture.  Stir just until moistened.  Pour 1/2 batter into the greased loaf pan.  Sprinkle with cinnamon and 1/3 cup of white sugar (I didn't measure out my cinnamon, I just sprinkled away and probably added quite a bit more since I love the taste of cinnamon so much!)
 
 
Now cover the cinnamon layer the with remaining batter.  Top with more cinnamon and sugar if you desire.
 
 
Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the loaf.  Let it cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. 
 
 
Wrap in foil and let it sit overnight before slicing.....okay confession time. I didn't see this part and I just sliced away and enjoyed it warm.  It was DELICIOUS but I don't know how it would taste if you actually DID wrap it until the next morning.
 
 
Happy baking and remember to give your loved ones a hug!
 

5 comments:

  1. Will have to try this one. I like cinnamon too but have been trying to lighten up on the sugar lately to lose a few of those winter pounds around my middle. Doesn't seem to help much tho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, doesn't that look yummy?
    Could this be made with Splenda?

    M :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, Debbie, this looks to good to be true :) Your recipes always have my mouth watering! Have a great weekend!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks and sounds amazing!
    Cathxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum....I am pinning :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading all of them. Have a wonderful day.

Debbie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...